Putting in the work

Gym rat - Last week, I rejoined New York Sports Club. I hated how I looked in a particular picture and I decided it was time to make a change.  Being back in the gym has never felt so good. It's money well spent and despite the soreness I felt waking up my muscles again, I do not regret spending the money.  My goal is to get back in shape, but mostly to lose weight. I've really let myself go since 2013 and it's not good.  So, I'm back at it and putting in the work.  Last week I went to the gym on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. This week, I'm in there Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

And best of all, I am sweatin'.

Diet - Now that I'm back in, the other half of this is changing how I eat.  I have a personal goal of cutting down on my carbs and eating more protein.  Cutting down on carbs is going to be a real challenge, because rice is a big staple in my diet.  It's not really my fault, but simply a product of growing up Asian.  Hopefully the nutritionist at the club can help me out in changing my diet. But again, all of this is going to require putting in the work.

Reading - I'm going to admit, I've not been keeping up with my reading of the Steve Jobs book.  Given its size, I know it may take a while. Honestly, I've caught the fanfic bug again and I'm currently hooked on a Once Upon a Time (OUAT) fanfic that is based on the Titanic.  The story has pretty much monopolized my time.  It even caused me to watch the movie for the umpteenth time over the weekend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"BIG THREE!" - This Is Us, 9/27/16

Oh, the sleep deprivation

Fall TV has me hooked