Oh, the sleep deprivation

Well, I am back and a lot sure has happened in the past month. We are now a family of four, having welcomed my baby boy, Logan Daniel on August 21st.  That was a memorable day, considering he was scheduled to be delivered on August 23rd (also Charlotte's birthday) but he had other plans.  Or better yet, he decided he did not want to share a birthday with his older sister.  I say good for him.  When I had his c-section date scheduled, I wasn't too keen on August 23rd, but my doctor said the 22nd wasn't available.  He ended up making his own plans on his debut because really, babies run the show, not the adults. Ha!

And they really do.  I haven't slept more than 3 hours a night since he came home last month.  Such is the norm with a newborn baby in the house. I am hoping he turns a corner soon and starts sleeping longer stretches at night. At most, all I want it five blissful hours of sleep.  1AM to 6AM sounds ideal. Here's hoping that comes soon, but that all depends on him and his hunger at night/early morning.  But I really do miss sleep.

In other news, Charlotte is now three years old.  Where has the time gone?  It seems like just yesterday she was a baby and looking back on it now, she was an angel compare to Logan. These two children are complete opposites of each other. Their personalities as babies are different in so many ways.  Charlotte had her periods of crying, but she'd eventually settle. Logan, on the other hand will cry bloody murder at least once everyday. I need to invest in ear plugs. Some moments, I need to put him down and walk away for a few seconds to gather myself.  His crying has a way of testing your resolve.  Perhaps what is the biggest difference between the two children is the very late night/early morning feeding (depending on how you look at it.) With Charlotte, I'd wake up at 3AM, take her out of the crib, feed her and then be done within an hour and back to bed.  Unfortunately, Logan is the opposite.  He is completely alert during that hour and it'll take long to settle him back down.  For some reason, he likes to have his afterparty between the hours of 2AM/3AM to 6AM. I honestly don't know what it feels like to sleep past 2AM anymore.  That's the hour my day begins and I keep going until 11PM at night.  Save for a short nap in between, whenever Logan lets me sleep, if I'm lucky...

So, that's pretty much my life right now.  Here's hoping Logan turns a corner soon and I'll be able to get more sleep at night.

Comments

  1. What a valuable post! Sleep deprivation for mothers has become very common nowadays. I would love to share this plethora of useful info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unless your nasal entry is blocked, wheezing is typically caused by the section of air through the throat. Anti snoring devices

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"BIG THREE!" - This Is Us, 9/27/16

Fall TV has me hooked