It's time go get back in

Rejoining the gym -
After an almost two-year hiatus, I am finally getting back into the gym.  To be more specific, I am rejoining New York Sports Club.  Let's just say, I saw an unflattering picture of myself and if that isn't motivation to get back into shape, I don't know what is.  Therefore, this week I am getting myself a membership and going for my workouts during my lunch break.  There is an NYSC near my office and it's a one minute walk.  It should only take me 10 minutes to change and if I plan my workouts the following way: 10 minutes cardio, 10 minutes crunches, 10 minutes free weights -- I'll be able to make it back to the office in time.

I have not felt this determined in a long time and to be honest, I'm very excited to be working out again.  I really want to get back to where I was before Charlotte was born and that is around 140 pounds.  Now, this will also take some work in the eating department.  I really need to cut down or cut out sweets completely.  Working out isn't just going to do it. It's time I change my diet and be more strict with myself.  This means eating more fruits and less junk.  I'll have to fight the temptation daily and start brining more fruit into the office to snack on.

This is going to be a challenge, but I am up for it. On Monday, I will buy myself a new pair of workout gloves and a lock for the locker.

Slow going on the reading - 
It's been a bit of a slow weekend for me in terms of reading.  I didn't have much time, which is usually the case considering I get chores done on Saturday and Sunday. I did get some reading done on Saturday morning before Charlotte woke, but outside of that time there wasn't much else accomplished in terms of reading.  I'm predicting I'll make a dent in the book this week during my commute because that is when I get most of my reading gone. I'm aiming to complete the book in two weeks tops. That's my goal.

 Weather woes 
Let's hope the weather actually feels like spring this week. I'm over the cold weather and would like to not have to wear a heavy jacket.  It's April and it's time we put away the scarf, gloves and winter hat.  These days, the temperatures have been so unpredictable. Here's hoping though,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"BIG THREE!" - This Is Us, 9/27/16

Oh, the sleep deprivation

Fall TV has me hooked