I missed the memo

If there is one thing I've noticed in adulthood, it's that time flies by so fast or how it seems like there is never enough time in the day to get things done.  It feels like you blink and next thing you know, a couple of hours or half your day has gone by.  My co-workers and I feel this way almost every day at work. We come in, get so engrossed in what we are doing and suddenly, we look up and it's lunch time.  Then when we look again, it's time to go home.  Yes, we should look at this as a good thing, but when you have so much to do, there is this constant feeling of "do so much, accomplish nothing."

When I was a kid, the word "later" felt like an eternity and a week or a month felt like an eon.  The concept of time was so hard to comprehend to a young person.  In adulthood, those same words mean nothing because no matter what, the time just goes by in a snap.  I like to joke with a friend wherein I'd say our mothers neglected to give us the memo that when you become an adult, there is not enough time to do anything.  Let's face it, weekends aren't long enough.  You get home on Friday, unwind then comes Saturday.  Now, you're tempted to sleep in a bit but you don't want to because you lose out on a part of your weekend.  So, you wake up on Saturday, have things to do and then comes evening. Next thing you know it's Sunday and while it's a day of rest, the clock keeps moving and here we are at Sunday evening once again.  And we all know what comes after Sunday... Monday.

Weekends really do need to be three days. We need a buffer between Saturday and Sunday.

Oh well, I'll try enjoy this weekend as much as I can.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"BIG THREE!" - This Is Us, 9/27/16

Oh, the sleep deprivation

Fall TV has me hooked