Nicholas Sparks, Winter, and next on the list...

Nicholas Sparks
 I recently finished reading The Longest Ride and now I want to see the movie. Seeing the movie is beside the point, as I was pleasantly surprised at the ending of the book. I don't want divulge into detail about the book itself, so as not to spoil but I will say this was the first book where I was satisfied with the ending.  I'll be honest and admit there were times I wanted to skip portions of the book, but I kept reading in hopes my interest would peak.  This book had two stories happening simultaneously, an A story and a B story. The A story was beautiful and it was classic Nicholas Sparks lovey romance but the B story left me disinterested in a way.  I can't explain why, but it did.  Maybe it wasn't as enthralling as the A storyline? I don't know. However, I assumed Nicholas Sparks had a reason for telling the story because they would connect towards the end of the book.  And they did.

Overall, it was an enjoyable book and I'd like to see how it translates onto the movie screen. I'm always curious about this because movies have a tendency to leave certain parts of the book out. I won't be surprised if this is the case for "The Longest Ride." I still want to see it though simply because the actor who plays Luke is good looking.

I'm a big Nicholas Sparks fan and I think I've read almost all of this books. The only ones I haven't read were The Wedding and Three Weeks With My Brother. I'll get around to reading those someday. I've been reading his books since the early 2000's. I think I discovered them around the time I had graduated college.  I recall reading A Walk to Remember and I was hooked. There is just something about his books that keep me turning the page.  Those are authors I really enjoy reading.  The ones who know how to keep a person reading. Lately, those seem few and far between.  Then again, so are bookstores these days. (Oh how I wish the Borders near my office never closed.)

Winter, go home. You're drunk.
Seriously, will the cold weather ever leave? It's April and the temperatures are still a bit chilly.  Winter is like that drunk friend at a bar that refuses to go home. Hopefully, the weather improves in the coming days or else I'm convinced Spring has been cancelled.  I've pretty much had it up to HERE with the cold temperatures.  I want to be able to wear a lighter jacket to work and not have to worry about the gloves, hat and scarf.

Next on the reading list...
I pretty much average a book a week these days.  In the past month, I've read 4 books, one each week.  After finishing The Longest Ride, I'm jumping back into reading biographies and bought Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson. I was planning on reading the other Steve Jobs book that was released recently, but reviews recommended I read Isaacson's book first. And so, I am.  I'm not sure if I'll finish this one in a week, given its length, but I know it's going to be some interesting reading.

And that's it for today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"BIG THREE!" - This Is Us, 9/27/16

Oh, the sleep deprivation

Fall TV has me hooked